Sunday, November 20, 2016

Giving Thanks!

GRATITUDE!  A THANKFUL HEART IS A HAPPY HEART!!
Howdy friends!

'Tis the Season to say all the wonderful things we are grateful for!  Today is November 20th.  I am so grateful for the most wonderful gift God ever blessed our family with and that is our most amazing boy, our miracle boy!  He is truly the light of our lives!  God picked the most wonderful angel for us to parent during all of our time here on this earth.

Yesterday was 12 weeks post transplant.  I have been feeling great and decided that it would be ok to go to the University of Utah football game as a family!  The day was ABSOLUTELY perfect!  Beautiful weather!  Sunny, warm and everything this girl could ever want.  I may have only made it to one game this year and although they lost, it was still one of the most memorable games I have or will ever attend.

I also decided to be brave and go to church today!  I love my church family and love their prayers, their love and support for me and the entire family.  It is truly humbling to see people who care so much about others.

As I go out and about, I thought I would talk about answers to questions people seem to have.  So, here it goes!

Q.  Do you know your donor or any information about them.
A.  As grateful as I am for my donor and my donor family, it is not information that is given out freely.  The family has to seek out the recipient through the hospital.  The family lost a loved one and everyone grieves differently.  I respect whatever they decide.  If they want to seek me out, I will be available, otherwise, I respect their privacy and their wishes.  I will be sending them an anonymous letter letting them know how grateful I am but will not do any CSI investigating to find them.

Q.  Do you have any weird desires or food cravings after the transplant (possibly from the donor).
A.  I don't yet, but who knows maybe??  I use to dislike jogging/running and I actually really enjoy it now.  I was thinking at church yesterday, it sure would've been nice if my new heart gave me a singing voice?  NO?  Come on!  How awesome would THAT have been.

Q.  Why do you have to stay away from people when you feel so good?
A.   I am on a lot of auto-immunosupressants which have pretty much shut down the immune system.  So, I can easily get sick.  So, it's the germs from colds and other gunk going around,  especially this time of the year.

Q.  Why do you wear gloves when you might need to shake someone's hand?
A.  Germs

Q.  Do the auto-immunosupressants make you feel sick?
A.  Not sick, but one of them occasionally makes me a little more shaky or jittery, that one is the Tacro.  One of the others, prednizone (not really sure how to spell this right now.  I could go look at the bottle LOL!)  This one makes me retain water, makes me hairy (Did I mention I am Armenian and might be hairy already?) and be hungry all the time. Possibly makes me a little more impatient and irritable, bad driver....oh wait, that could just be ME and NOT the drugs, but I can blame it on the drugs, right?  HAHAHA! Otherwise, I am grateful that they keep me from the "R" word.

Q.  Why will you be able to travel?
A.  It's really one of those the docs will wait and see.  If everything continues as it has, I should be able to travel within the US in about 6 months from the date of transplant and POSSIBLY out of the country in a year (after August 27th) or so. :)  Also, did I mention our family LOVES to travel.  Travel to me now means going for a drive in Park City, Orem, and Ogden.   I know soon, that will change.

Q.  What are you physical limitations?
A.  NONE.  Only what I allow to listen to between my two ears.

Here are some things I think about.

GRATITUDE!  Almost 24/7 I am grateful for literally everything!  It's a little weird,  but yes, I am truly grateful for everything!

NERVOUS!  If you know me, you know I love to be around people.  This weekend, I was honestly scared and nervous and excited at the same time.  When we went into the stadium, I was SUPER NERVOUS!  I didn't want to make eye contact, wanted to hold my breath etc.  I don't want to get sick and people and germs make me nervous.  

CONFUSED!  I went to church today, I want to HUG people and say THANK YOU FOR PRAYING for me.  But I couldn't!  Again, I don't want to get sick.  I know it's for a short time, but it is SO AWKWARD!

APPREHENSIVE!  I often get nervous that this "feeling great" is the honeymoon stage.  But I also trust if it is the "honeymoon" stage, God will provide and get me through the "NOT SO HONEYMOON" stage, if there is such a thing.

When I see my scars and touch my scars, all I think about is "THANK YOU GOD for these scars and a chance to be here!  I know I TOTALLY do not deserve this, but so grateful of God's GRACE!"

I know that there are more, but right now, I am getting ready to start the new week!  If you have any questions, shoot me a message, I am happy to answer!  

Today is the Monday of Thanksgiving week!  I want to wish you a very happy THANKSGIVING!  Know that God is always with you!  Know that He has perfect timing, no matter what it is you are waiting for.  


Love to you and your family!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
XOXOXO
Claire







3 comments:

  1. This is the BEST post of yet :) well, at least my favorite cuz there are so many of us who wanted to ask all those questions. Especially the donor question. Since your transplant, i have no idea why, but I am extremely emotional when I read your blog or for that matter think of you. Im so grateful for your donor and I know that they would be so proud of where their loved one's heart rests. You have taken care of your body all this time knowing this time might happen-- again Im so proud of you and for you! I adore you and certainly count you on my Thanks Giving gratitude list! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU CLAUDIA! I hope you had an awesome day yesterday! I am always available if you ever wonder or have any questions. Those were the common ones. I think we need to get coffee sometime and just chill. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete