Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome The New YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!

I want to re-post what I posted on Facebook on New Year's to start this blog, because it's really how I feel about the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017.

As we finish up 2016 and prepare to celebrate a NEW beginning with the New Year, 2017, I must say 2016 has been the TRUEST definition of FAITH, HOPE and LOVE for me! FAITH: "Belief and trust and loyalty to God" (GOD has been so faithful to me throughout this amazing life of mine) HOPE: "To desire with the expectation of fulfillment" (One thing I have always had and will always have hope in my heart) and LOVE: A feeling or affection for a person. FAITH, HOPE and LOVE in the truest, form. #GODISGOOD#FAITHHOPELOVE #ThankYOU2016 #Welcome2017

I sit here today on January 1. 2017, at home, nursing a stinking cold waiting for my boys to come home.  Was last night my favorite New Year's Eve experience, without my boys at home?  Am I 100% happy they went without me, eventhough I was the won who got the lottery?????  Well, it really depends on the moment you ask me.  HAHA!  I am not going to lie and tell you that it was the best New Year's experience, it really actually stunk in some ways but looking back, it was actually also good in some ways. I was not able to go to Yellowstone with my boys and friends, I was able to watch the HALLMARK channel and really reflect on who I am and what I want to do when I grow up (which is really never! HAHAHA).  I was however, fortunate enough to have my wonderful mom at my side so that I wouldn't be alone.  What would the world do without moms?  More specific, what in the world would I do without my amazing mom!  SO, SO grateful to have the most awesome mom in the universe!

I keep telling myself that hey, it's just for a short period of time that I will miss out on things so that I can be well enough to enjoy THE REST OF MY LIFE!  Most of the time, I believe it, but let's just say, sometimes, I have pitty parties too.  LOL!  I AM HUMAN, YES! I FREAKING HAVE A PITTY PARTY HERE AND THERE!  The point is, I don't make it a habit to go there.  But woke up to this GREAT prayer this morning!  Yes, I saw it on FB, so FB does have some value, right?  LOL!  HAHAHA!




I also read something today in my devotional book that really stuck with me and I would love to share it with you.  

"Today, I will make a difference.  I will begin by controlling my thoughts.  A person is a product of his thoughts.  I want to be happy and hopeful.  Therefore, I will have thoughts that are happy and hopeful.  I refuse to be a victim of my circumstances.  Optimism will be my companion, and victory will be my hallmark.  Today, I will make a difference".
I live this!  (Well, of course except during a pitty party!)  Nonetheless, this was the reminder I needed to always be hopeful and always be prayerful.  Because only when I pray and I can hear God's instructions and his plans for me!



As we begin 2017, let's make to most of our day!  I am forever grateful for all the friendships and all the love throughout 2016.  I am looking forward to all the blessings and opportunities God provides in 2017.

Faith, Hope and Love!

CHEERS to 2017! Here we go!  365 days to write our chapter!

Claire

1 comment:

  1. Way to be honest and understanding of what being human means! I believe that 2017 will be a grand year and I am hoping all the nation will eventually understand that pulling together and loving one another is the only way we should be living. Hugs from one of your biggest fans!

    ReplyDelete