Monday, September 19, 2016

God's Perfect timing!

God is always faithful! 
Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.


Happy Monday Everyone!  

It's exciting to start a new week with new revived energy!  Sure the weekend is AWESOME, but Monday is almost like a New Year, you have a new opportunity!  :0 Am I making you sick to your stomach, I know!  HAHA!

Today, I want to show you a glimpse of God's timing.  I had been working for a builder for about 4 years and another builder had approached me to work with them.  I had gone to several interviews and a week before this all took place, I decided I was staying with the team I had been working with and for, the fit just seemed better at that time.  This seems so little, but I had a GREAT support team with this builder and I also had insurance.  This was NOT insignificant for me at all!  This was GOD timing! 

During my time in the hospital in April of 2000, as I mentioned there we a lot of tests that were being done first and foremost to determine what exactly was wrong with my heart.  However, I was also being tested for the possibility to be listed on a heart transplant list.  I had conversations with the social worker telling me the possibility of the heart transplant and if I had a support team and she wanted to make sure I was prepared in case the heart transplant was the direction we needed to go.  I was just anxious to get out of the hospital to go finish school and graduate!  So, I just wanted the tests to be done and move forward.  Luckily, after the ICD was placed, I was able to go home and have "clinic" visits to figure out what was on our horizon.  Transplant/no transplant??  I went from a girl who never took medication to learning to take medication.  A girl who was a die hard working out to a heart failure patient.  :)  BUT, I WAS ALIVE!!  So, I was NOT going to complain, I was going to be strong and make sure I lived my life!  I wasn't about to let this diagnosis define who I was!  I had heart failure, but I was not going to let heart failure define me!  I slowly started to work out again, I was able to resume life.  Who are we kidding!  I never thought for a minute this was going to slow me down!  Here is a bible verse  I think about during this time.  
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

In May of 2000, I walked with my class, but had 2 classes I still needed to finish.  I was so nervous that I wasn't going to be able to make it happen with the time out I had to take while in the hospital. Fortunately, as long as I passed the two classes, I would be a graduate!  I had my mom and David at my side cheering me on!  My two biggest cheerleaders, right there along with me!  As promised, here is a picture of my ANGEL on Earth, my beautiful mom!



At that time, "The Rock" and I were dating, we were not married yet.  What was super cute though, his sister called and we were able to talk because she said she was my fiance's sister. There were so many unknowns at the time.  "The Rock" was out of town on drill (military) the time that I was in the hospital. So, after graduation, reality started to hit. Fortunately, I was told my "quality of life" was better with the medication I was taking and would not be placed on the transplant list.  My doctors did tell us that they would not recommend that I carry a child.  There would be too many complications. This was hard news for both of us.  I knew if God wanted me to be pregnant and have a child, I certainly would and my health would not get in the way. My sensible man however, wanted to make sure he was ok with all this new information.  He needed time and space to think and make sure before he made a commitment to me. As you can imagine, at that time, I felt like my heart was broken both figuratively and literally.  I tried my hardest to believe that if God wanted us together, that we would be together, but of course I am human, I didn't want to lose him. We had been dating for two years and pretty much talked to each other daily.  So, this was not the easiest time for me, and probably for both of us.  Luckily, I also had a lot of things going on that would occupy my time so I wouldn't sulk.  I was doing everything in my power to make sure I didn't miss anything at work, get myself physically fit and do everything I could to move forward.  In hindsight, the fact that he took the time to think things through is what I LOVE about him.  I respect and admire that he wanted to make sure he was fully committed and didn't just jump in because he felt sorry for me!!  

We decided to get together for Thanksgiving after taking our break.  He asked me to marry him that night.  I said I had two big papers to write and once that was done, we could schedule our wedding.  Well, the next day, I was able to whip out those two papers ( and YES, not only did I pass I got an A in one and an A- in the other).  I sped SO FAST to get to his house.  Knowing our two personalities, we would both over think it! We both had a dog, (that's another funny story).  We both had a house, and we would figure out a way to complicate it.  SO, I got to his house and made an announcement (not one I thought my conservative, predictable guy would EVER go for).  I said let's fly to Vegas tonight and let's get married!!!  He actually said OK!  then followed with..."Where do we get a ring, this time of the night"?.  I said it's Christmas time we will find one!  So, we booked out flights that night, while watching the football game, we then went and bought a ring after the game, took the dogs to my house and flew to Vegas to get married!   I am not even going to tell you who won that BYU vs, UTAH game.  LOL! 

We got there and realized we needed a hotel room.  Of course, Thanksgiving weekend, they were BOOKED!  We did find a room at The Golden Nugget!  We then grabbed a taxi, at midnight to go to the "Silver Chapel" to get married.  We didn't have a marriage license!  HAHAHAHA, we really didn't think that one through.  Luckily, we were in VEGAS!  They were open 24/7 believe it or not!  So, we went to the Nevada Courthouse, and got our marriage license.  We were laughing so hard!!  We were the only two sober and first time married people getting a marriage license.  We then went back to the "Silver Chapel"  and got married.  Seriously the funnest and best night ever!  We ended up in some strip mall for Italian dinner, listening to Frank Sinatra!  Then, I had to call my mom the next morning and tell her that her only daughter just eloped! HA!  That was FUN! :)

The year 2000 was an incredible year!  I was diagnosed with ARVD/ARVC, graduated from the U of U, and got married!  WHEW!  That's a lot of stuff going on!  

I hope you saw God's timing in this post!  I hope you have an awesome week and I hope you will come back and take the time to read another post.

Remember, GRATITUDE!  Let's be grateful for all the blessings in our lives.  Take a minute and write down three things you are grateful for.  Put it in your purse or your back pocket.  When you are feeling down, get that paper out and READ IT OUT LOUD!!

Faith, Love and hope!

Claire 




























7 comments:

  1. Oh Claire you make me laugh and cry and smile and laugh all at once. Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait for the next installment. Love Mir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love you Mirna! I hope you are doing awesome!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Claire you make me laugh and cry and smile and laugh all at once. Thank you for sharing this. I can't wait for the next installment. Love Mir

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buttons are bursting! I knew this blog would be fantastic!! you are like me and love when plans dont pan out...I always say " you really dont want things to be perfect...other wise you wouldnt have any stories to tell!" I am looking forward to your adventures.

    I could picture you guys running to and fro! What a visual you painted.

    Hugs to you my friend. (my 3 things Im grateful for today - clouds in the sky, wonderful friends and smiles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE seeing what you are grateful for!!! Thank YOU for sharing!! Life is an adventure, right?

      Delete
    2. LOVE seeing what you are grateful for!!! Thank YOU for sharing!! Life is an adventure, right?

      Delete
  4. I thought I already did this so if it posts twice it's not my fault - I'm getting caught up on all your blog posts and laughing as I read this. We were living in Vegas when you guys did this and had room since at that time we only had Kersee!

    ReplyDelete