Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Home again, home again, Jiggity jig!

"Nothing is impossible with God"


Howdy, howdy!  It feels like it's been forever since I sat down and wrote and said HELLO!

I hope you are doing absolutely AMAZING!! I would love to hear how YOU are doing!!  

September 6th was a huge day! My first post-transplant biopsy.  A biopsy is the only way at this point to know if my old body and my new heart are playing well together.  Tonight, I go to sleep in peace knowing GOD is always in control and always faithful!  I pray for good results. I'm in awe and grateful for all the love and prayers from family friends and loved ones.  I praise God for his timing, and the people who are in my life just for the right reasons at the right time.  I truly pray I am a good servant and doing his work!!  It's not about me, it's all about GOD!  

This was also the day we met with one of the Transplant nurses with my "HOME TEAM" my hubby, mom and miracle boy and learn all the do's and don'ts.  So, here are is the list and I also want to share with you some of the questions I had and answers in case someone is reading this who may have a similar experience. So here are the DO's and don't's.
1.  Can't be around anyone or anything that will jeopardize immune system.
2. can't be around people who have had a live vaccine
3.  can't pick up dog poop
4.  No cats
5.  No crowds for 3 months
6.  No traveling away more than 2 hours at least the first 3 months
7.  must wash fruits and veggies
8.  NEVER miss your meds EVER!!
9.  No hair color till you are lower than 10mg Prednozone 
10.  No Raw meat including SUSHI  AYE!!
11.  No travel outside the country for at least a year
12.  Don't be around kids (they have germs) 
13.  No driving for 6 weeks
14.  No hot yoga
15.  No hot tubs
16.  No elective surgery (one year) Yes, this includes the crowns I have been waiting for over a year now.
17.  No sun!  The sun is no longer my friend!  
18.  No public pools for a while
19.  Must have two forms of contraception 
20.  no waxing-  By the way, you get SUPER hairy with Prednozone (It's all about sterile environment)
21. Intimacy?  you ask?  I know I wondered.  Yes, if you enjoyed before, you still will. :)

September 7, 2016, the day I was released to come home.  Unfortunately, my mom and hubby thought it was important to let them know about my diet.  No dairy or grains. Got the lecture that I need to eat from all food groups.  Sheesh!  So, I had to wait for a second visit from the nutritionist before leaving the hospital!  NICE!  Doing my best to eat from ALL food groups.  No food group left behind!!

My Hubby was super nervous about making me sick!  I don't want him to be nervous!  I want to be very cautious, follow all the rules, but know God is in control of this ship and not us!  I hope he gets there too!  It will make his life easier!  I sure love this man!!  

Finally got home Wednesday evening!  So many emotions going on!  So excited to be home with my boys, anxious to get life moving, but also knowing I need to make sure I take it easy too!!  The statement "take it slow" is NOT in my vocabulary!  Praise the lord for all his blessings!  He is so, so faithful!!  I honestly can't imagine my life without him in charge!!  It took a little while to get out of the hospital with the training, nutrition, pharmacy etc.  
I am so grateful for the IMC team!! All the nurses were wonderful!  Ashley the jazzercise instructor, Pablo the most awesome tech who knew I needed conditioner, towels you name it he had it ready for my shower before I even asked!!  What a blessing!! Marco in the night making sure he scheduled his vitals that I would at least get a few solid hours of sleep!!  Again!  I praise the lord for all these people!  I seriously have the DREAM TEAM when it comes to the heart failure/ heart transplant team.  Between the Chief, the Hero and all their staff, I could Not ask for a better group of people.

Rock and Miracle Boy went to AWANA, mom and I went for a nice walk, then had dinner and mom went home.  Then came time for my first real shower.  I saw my full body naked in a full length mirror with all the bruises, stitches and of course my Steroid belly!!!  What a sight to see!  I was so glad I didn't feel the way I looked because looking at my body with all my bruises, you would have thought I got hit by a truck.  I had to pause for a moment and remind myself, it has not even been two weeks since my surgery!!!  One day at a time!  I am not going to worry about vanity!! I am only going to worry about recovery right now!!  So be it!  I have bruises, scars and a full belly! Lol!  Let it be!!  It was the BEST shower I have EVER had!  

Thank you lord for all the blessings in my life!!  
This was the first weekend at home!  The Utes were playing and again I couldn't be there but was TOTALLY there in spirit!  

I hope you have an amazing rest of the week!  Here is a song that I love to listen to just as a pick me up!  I hope you enjoy it!  https://youtu.be/Sxohx7IcN1Q

XOXOXO  Faith, Hope and LOVE!!  


2 comments:

  1. That photo of you is simply shocking. Wow... u look so fabulous!! Know you are daily in my thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful week my friend.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!! How are you?!?! Life is good, how are you doing?

      Delete