Sunday, October 30, 2016

Old Habits Die Hard!



Howdy, Howdy!

I hope you are fabulous!  I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing, you are at peace knowing God is in control with all the "Opportunities" that come your way in life!

I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home the day that I came home from the hospital. I am so grateful they allowed me to do that because otherwise, I would have gone CRAY CRAY!  LOL!  I know you think I am some kind of "special" for thinking that way, but honestly, not being able to drive and see people, it was such a relief to do something some what normal while recovering.  Using my brain to resolve issues, talking to people I care about.  It really helped in the recovery!

In September, I also had to visit the hospital twice a week.  Mondays from Biopsy, echo and blood work and Thursdays for blood work and clinic visit.  Praise the Lord, September came and went with no signs of that scary "R" word.  THANKS GOD!  WOHOOO!

October was a little easier.  One visit per week,  One week is blood work and clinic and the following week is biopsy, echo and clinic.  Grateful that the biopsy is once every other week.  Between the scar tissue and some of the medication, my scars are taking longer to heal.  THe cool thing is, I get to see the stainless steal wires, holding my sternum together and the wire that goes down to my heart and also takes a tiny piece.  Modern Medical technology is AMAZING!  October also has been great!  NO "R" word!!  YEAH!!  Thanks GOD!!  

In the last two months, I have learned a few things about myself...well, ok ok, I have been reminded about myself.  LOL!.  I like to push the limits and I am always that person that likes to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.  This time, it got me in trouble.  OOPSIE!!  We went to Yellowstone week 4, and I made the mistake to tell my docs how awesome it was to go down a trail that I would not have done in the last few years pre-transplant.  It's always easy to go down, but not so easy to go UP!  This time, IT WAS!!  I was so excited to tell them how grateful I was......but I didn't realize Yellowstone was a NO GO!  My "CHIEF" Doc told me he was so disappointing and asked "What part of don't go out of town are you not understanding".  I felt horrible!  I rationalized why I could?!! In my head at least!  I had my scale, blood pressure cuff, thermometer etc all to show any early signs of the "R" word.  Apparently that was not enough :(.  It was so bad that he called my husband and told him it was bad!  So, we realized if it was important enough for him to call, we better take this more seriously than we have been.  YIKES!  

As you know following rules, is not my #1 strength!  LOL!  OOOPSIE!  Anyway, no Utah football games ALL season.  Can only go from Park City to Ogden and Orem.  HAHAHA!  I could complain, but seriously I totally CAN'T complain!  I am ALIVE and I have my WHOLE life ahead of me!  So I will just learn to listen, follow orders and be HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!  

Back to the office in October.  I guess with my excitement and renewed energy, I think in my head I was expecting something a little different.  Not sure what, but I think because it's year end, I need to figure out a way to infuse more positive energy!  

If you have been around me longer than 5 minutes you also know I am EXTREME!  If walking 3 miles a day is good, then I will walk 10, that's better for you....right?  HAHA!!  If low fat is good, FAT FREE is better??  If working is good, then let's work a lot!  Well, this is something that I have always done.  Since I have been home, I had been walking 10 miles a day, then thought, maybe I should do 15 on a Saturday, then I decided well I did 15, let's do 20 on Sunday??  After all that, my baby toe got SUPER bruised and blood blistered to the point that on Monday as I was finishing my miles for the day, I had to take off my shoes and finish my walk.  My wise hubby said...remember "Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD!"  Wise, wise words.  Something I struggle with and need to work on all the time. 

Although I am back to work FULL TIME and then some.  I also have to remember to take time to be still and listen to God's purpose for me.  To be given a gift like this (THANK YOU GOD, DOCS and DONOR/DONOR FAMILY) is not taken lightly by me!  I want to fulfill God's purpose!

As I sit here drinking my tea and ponder the week ahead, I am giving myself a goal this week not to be extreme and to take time to listen to those who love me that are giving me advice.  

Take time to live life with PASSION!  Don't half ass anything!  Be the best version of you!  Give GRACE to others and God shows us GRACE.

Love you and wish you an amazing week!  

Claire

Bell Canyon week 6!!

2 comments:

  1. Claire. So good to read your blogs. I coined a motto for my ambitious self years ago. Don't just do something. stand there! It's amazing what I'm hearing now from God in the absence of my busyness. Hope some day you'll call and we can just sit and have tea๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ™ you are Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I miss your energy! Someday, we will go out and have coffee or tea! I would love that! I keep trying to stand there and listen and HEAR GOD! XOXO God is amazing!

      Delete