Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Reunion at Cabin


Good morning!  I have to admit, I like warmer weather so I can walk outside even in the rain.  Today however, it's chilly so I get to walk on the treadmill in my basement.  Fortunately, I do have that but can't deny I love walking outside breathing the fresh air and looking at the leaves change color!  We are in Utah and we get to experience four seasons, how cool is that!

Continued from last post- Reunion at cabin

Being on the transplant list, you are not allowed to travel more that 2 hours from the hospital in case you get a call.  I had to ask every time if I could go to the cabin.  This time was a bigger deal, I had a flight scheduled and paid for the meet the family and if for some reason my docs said no, I would totally disappoint everyone but especially "Rock".  I had my appointment the day before I was supposed to fly, and fortunately, I didn't have to disappoint anyone, or possibly have to explain my absence.  My in-laws had no idea this was happening.

Usually, when I take the weekend off and go to the cabin, I am still constantly working and fielding calls etc.  This year going into it my goal is just to slow down, enjoy the family I would be spending time with and show love and affection!!  I wanted to let myself get closer to my sisters in law and my wonderful mom- in-law.  It's funny how men marry women that are very similar to their mom.  My mom-in-law is totally a woman of God.  She has had her struggles with her health indeed!  She keeps the best positive attitude, she trusts God always and knows he is there for her.  She has FOMO (fear of missing out)  JUST LIKE ME!  Regardless of whether we should or shouldn't do something, we don't want to miss out on the fun.  My dad-in-law....is THE MOST PATIENT man I have EVER met!  

It was working beautifully, until of course I didn't get what I wanted!  HAHAHA!  Isn't that the way it always works.  I wanted to go to Jackson Hole, and "Rock" wanted to check out this hot spring, or hotpot in the mountains somewhere.  

We decide to go to Ennis and some of us go on a hike to find hot pot (which is what David wants) or go to Virginia city.  Since I've been to Virginia city a million times, I opted for the other.  That was NOT super smart for me on that day!!  In the middle of the day, high heat, without shade going to a hot pot that's as big as a tub.  The trail although in normal circumstances would not have been challenging, but I guess knowing my condition I was more aware of how difficult it had become.  On my hike, I thought about all the things I probably should NOT be doing while I am on the transplant list.  So, as soon as I got in the truck, breathing heavy, sweating and frustrated that something that should have been so easy, was so difficult for me!  
Five things only a stupid person on a heart transplant list does.
  1. River rafting class 5
  2. Hiking
  3. Hiking in the middle of the heat of the day.
  4. Being completely out of service from all cellular devices 
  5. Making others happy instead of trying to do everything you can to stay alive!!  Stupid stupid!
So TEN things you should do while on a heart transplant list.
  1. Be grateful for every moment 
  2. Love 
  3. Pray
  4. Laugh at stupid stuff because it's all stupid!
  5. Write a journal
  6. Ask a lot of questions
  7. Exercise the body mind and spirit 
  8. Be disciplined in your medicine intake
  9. Set up disciplines you will need after transplant.  ie- work out, eat right, listed to your body.
  10. Grandma, Grandpa and the posse (some missing)
  11. Read positive quotes, bible verses that ease your anxiety, fears and struggles.
    The little "hot pot"
    The weekend was fabulous overall!  It gave me a lot of time to think about what is coming ahead.  We prayed often, we sang often and we ATE often.  LOL!  Something about family coming together.  Regardless of which side of our family, somehow, it always evolves around eating!  HAHAHA!  Gotta love it!

    I hope you are having a wonderful day!  Remember, be grateful for your journey.  It may not always be what you want it to be, but you are here for a purpose.  God is ALWAYS faithful and will always carry you through the good times and the rough times.

    Love you!  Until next time!

    Claire

3 comments:

  1. I had to set some time aside to get caught up on your awesome blog! You are such an adventurer and wow do I need to get inspired and do better! You are such a great example of enjoying it all! This takes my breath away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you my encourager! Have an awesome day!! More to come ;)

      Delete
    2. Love you my encourager! Have an awesome day!! More to come ;)

      Delete