Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Journey to Recovery

Good Wednesday morning!  

I hope you are having an awesome week so far!  I really have to say, I miss being able to give people a hug!  Right now I am doing the fist bump and it feels so impersonal. If I run into you and I don't hug you, it's not because I don't want to, it's just another one of those rules for now.  Very soon, it won't be so extreme!!  Please don't take offense!  It sucks for me more than you can imagine!

I woke up August 28th with three tubes coming out of my belly, and a "Christmas tree" on my neck (lines of IV for my medication".  They had warned me about when I get out of surgery that I would have tons of tubes coming out, a pacer for my new beautiful heart to be strong and beat for a few days and hooked up to a lot of IV for the auto-immusosupressants, etc.  My sternum was all bandaged but not NEARLY the pain I expected.  

It was something, all right!  Rock and I had decided we wouldn't take pictures and we wouldn't have "Miracle Boy" there until the day after. HINDSIGHT, we both wish he (Rock) would've taken a picture, only so I could see how far I had come each day.  That Sunday, when people would tell me "how great I looked"  I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I look like POOP! LOL!  I looked like I had been hit by a truck, but I seriously felt SO GOOD even that day after.  I do wish we had a picture.  If you ever experience something like this, I would recommend take a picture, so you can see your progress as you heal. 

I didn't know it was against the rules for people to visit me, so between my mom, Rock and Miracle Boy, my uncle and a couple of others, I was told to keep the visitors to a minimum.  LOL!  Do they not know the social person I am? hehe!  How do I say no??

My AWESOME surgeon came in and I had a chance to visit with him.  He told me everyone in that surgery room kept on saying "that's the biggest one I have ever seen".....they meant the heart but of course I had to respond like an adolescent boy that doesn't know better...."That's what she said!"  HAHAHA!  I couldn't resist!  We had a good laugh.  He did such an amazing job!  He also mentioned there was PLENTY of room to fit my new hear since the old hear took so much space!  I am so grateful to him for cutting me open so carefully and putting me back together so great that I really wasn't in pain.

I honestly felt real good!  I didn't have to take pain medication.  I was told I'm a cheap date!!  HAHAHA! Sunday, I was a little sleepy, and my "activity was moving from the bed to the chair and back!  LOL!  Monday was better I got to take a walk and started walking at least a mile a day.  I did have to have a nurse or someone from Cardiac Rehab come with me ( "My walkers").  HAHAHA!  Tuesday I got the catheter out, Wednesday I got one of the chest tubes out and Thursday I got the last chest tube out.  Every day was less equipment to be attached to and more mobile!  

Needless to say, I did not make it to Monday's sales meeting that week. There is some irony here however.  The day I had my big V-FIB we had a grand opening in a new community, and the day I received my new heart was the grand opening of another community.  My first text to my boss of course was..."How was the grand opening, and I am so sorry I wasn't there".  Oh, Yes, I can be a little cuckoo, but, knowing is half the battle.

Everyone has been so supportive and so amazing!  I seriously can't believe the love pouring into me! Please understand, It's not me though, it's really all God!  Regardless of WHAT happens, God is in control and I am here to work his plan no matter what that plan is!  I will abide!

I daily read this little book "God's Promises, Day by Day".  It's daily inspirational thoughts. Here is the day of the surgery August 27th:

"The peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7

August 28th:

"You are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:10

Here is a good song for you to keep your faith strong and "Let go and let God"  Lauren Daigle.  "I will Trust in You"
https://youtu.be/qv-SXz_exKE

For now, PEACE OUT!  Have an awesome day!  




 Stay tuned "escape from ICU"  HAHAHHAHAHA!

XOXOXO
Faith, hope, love!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Your humility amazes me. For you to be surprised at the out of pouring of love for you only shows how humble you are. You are a walking wonderful person who people adore... I stand atop that group of people. hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your humility amazes me. For you to be surprised at the out of pouring of love for you only shows how humble you are. You are a walking wonderful person who people adore... I stand atop that group of people. hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete