Sunday, October 2, 2016

Summer time = Cabin time :) Part One



Good Morning to you!

Happy Monday again!  Another opportunity to start fresh!  For me, this is the first Monday since my transplant I will NOT be having a biopsy and just a clinic visit!  YEA!!  That means so far things are going well!  Thanks God!  (My dad used to Always say that, so now I am in the habit of saying it too)

We love to go to Yellowstone National Park!  It all started because "Rock" loved it so much so it has become a family tradition.  We go to a cabin in Island Park often in the summer time.  Sometimes, we go to the park and sometimes we don't.  But, we always have a great time either rafting, fishing, looking for wildlife, or just getting away from it all!

I had been on the transplant list about 2 months, We had a family trip with my family planned to go to the cabin and this time we were going to go river rafting.  Class 5 mind you :)

My brother, sister-in law, miracle boy and Rock arrived at the cabin late on Friday.  My goal at this time was not to take any time off since I would likely need it for my time off for the transplant.  So, arriving late was good :)  Of course since getting on the list, going away from the hospital more than 2 hours was not something I should be doing.  I did get permission from the docs to go to the cabin.

At around 10:00 pm, I noticed my "pager" had gone off.  I was given a pager once officially listed on the transplant list in case there was a heart for me.  So I always had my phone near my along with my pager in case I missed one or the other.

As anyone with a "pager" would do, I hurried and called the phone number back.  OBVIOUSLY, the person on the other line had no idea what I was talking about.  It was seriously the funniest (yet NOT funny) conversations I have ever had.  I called the number and said "this is Claire and I received a page"  person on the other line said, hmm, let me see.  I said OBVIOUSLY, I have the wrong number.  I responded there is only ONE reason someone would use this number to page me.  The guy on the line says "what would that be for"  I seriously should have hung up, but no I went along.....The ONLY reason I would get a page is to inform me that there is a heart for me for a transplant.  The guy says, well I use to do transplants. By this time, I knew I was talking to an idiot.  SO, I said "sorry to bug you, I have the wrong number.

As soon as I am about to fall asleep, the number calls my phone.  Of course, I pick up.  The guy says "Oh, I am sorry, I have the wrong number"  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???  Needless to say, no sleep that night.  But an early wake up to raft!  LOL!!  Luckily, only "ROCK" and I were affected.  My brother and sis-in law at this time had no clue about me being on the list.

Rafting was super fun!  After that call and rafting, I thought....I really shouldn't be doing this!  We did, we had fun and we are all here to tell about it!


Life is too short!  Do the things that scare you just a little bit!

Have a fabulous week!  Check in for another funny moment at the cabin next time!

Faith, Hope, Love!

XOXOXO
Claire




No comments:

Post a Comment