Thursday, October 6, 2016

SAY YES!

https://www.yesutah.org/understanding-donation/


Today is a day I wish I could go out in a crowd.  This month is "Cancer awareness month" The Women's Council of Realtors had their "the Annual Bra's for a Cause" and this is the first time in 8 years that I have not been able to attend.  The person who started this event was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer last year and she fought like crazy and she is still here with us to put another event together.  I would have loved to have been there to support both the amazing lady and the women in the WCR.  

In addition, our family just lost someone dear to us who had been battling cancer for quiet some time.  He finally went home to rest, but left an amazing legacy behind with the work he did for the lord, the influence he had on his wife, amazing children, grandchildren and anyone he encountered.  You will be missed by many, but I know you are in a beautiful place no longer in pain.  


My wonderful friend called asked me a month before the Utah Organ Donation walk and asked me if I was planning on doing the Utah Organ Donor walk on August 20th.  I was thinking about it, but once she asked, it was confirmed in my mind that YES, indeed this was something we needed to do. I signed up the entire family, including Rock, my mom, my mom's friend, Miracle Boy and of course the friend who suggested we do it!  We were officially a team walking in the  "Utah Say YES" to Organ donation walk. 




We had a great time!  We laughed a lot, lost one another often, all the fun stuff that happens when we are all together.  Funny thing was that I couldn't wait for them to get the walk started, I said "let's just go the opposite direction, and start walking."   Of course this was not surprising to any of the crew that was there with me. They all know me too well!  HAHAHA!  Not sure if that's good or bad...LOL!  

I have to admit, this walk was a little different for me that day.  As we walked I wondered if I could spot a heart recipient, and wondered what that would look like.  I am planning on doing this walk next year and I hope you will ALL join me in this Utah Organ Donor walk or if you're in another state, find something to participate in.  You can't take it with you! What a gift we can do by being a DONOR.  

I'd also planned a get together at my house that night to celebrate the end of summer. The gathering would start between 5:30-6:00pm.  Rock and I were getting things ready. I got a call around 4:30pm, it was a "no caller ID"  of course I thought, I am not going to pick this up!  I don't want to be interrupted for solicitation, then another call, finally a number I sort of recognized but missed it somehow.  It was a call from my doctor that there may be a heart for me and he just wanted to make sure i was in town.  Since sometimes I snuck out of town to go to the cabin.  I had PROMISED them I would not leave again till I was told I could.  They were 80% sure, but needed to do more testing being being sure.  He said he would call back and let me know.  I got a call around 6:00pm, that this particular heart was not perfect one for me, for one reason or another and he couldn't give me more detail.  They thought there would be an even better match for me! This was while people were in my house.  WOW!!  What a wake up call that was!  Wow!  I honestly was in denial (remember, DENIAL, not just a river in Egypt) until that call!  Freaked me out!  The show must go on, right?  That we did!! Talk about an INTERESTING evening for Rock and I!  All I thought about was the irony that we did the organ donor walk THAT morning and I was getting the call THAT night!  That was not the right time for me, and THAT was ok

God orchestrates things in his time!  There is always something bigger, Have faith!  It is all part of his plan.  Praying for all those folks in the hurricane.

Let's plan on joining one another next year in the Organ Donor walk and if you're not a donor, check out this link and learn more. https://www.yesutah.org/understanding-donation/

FAITH, HOPE, LOVE
XOXOXO
Claire



No comments:

Post a Comment